Student Visa online | Study In Malaysia
Buy International Student Visa Study in Malaysia· Apply foreign national Student Visa Online · Track My Application · Calculate Application Fees · Guidelines · Required Documents · Medical Screening
- Latest News Updates
- How to Apply for Malaysia Student Visa?
- Malaysia Student Visa Fees
- Processing Time For Study Malaysia Student Visa
- Malaysia Student Pass Categories
- Documents Required for Malaysia Student Visa
- Malaysia Dependent Pass
- Reasons for Rejection of Malaysia Student Visa
How to Apply for Malaysia Student Visa?
The Malaysian government has simplified the application process for student visas. Students are no longer obliged to contact the Malaysian embassy or consulate in their home country. Let’s go over the steps of the application procedure one by one:
Step 1: Get in Touch with the Institution: Students can apply for a student pass directly from the university of their choice, providing all necessary details. If you do not have a passport that is valid for more than one year, the student pass will not be approved.
Step 2: Wait for the Confirmation of Acceptance: Students will be informed of application status. The notification of acceptance is sent via Immigration Department in Malaysia within 7 days.
Step 3: Submit the Necessary Documents: Submit all the above-mentioned documents to the chosen university to gain the student visa to study in Malaysia.
Step 4: Confirmation of Student Pass: The university will send a letter confirming the student pass and a letter of approval will be issued by the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
Step 5: Share Flight Details with the Institution: Inform the university regarding the airport location, flight number, and arrival date and time. The university’s representative will come to the airport and brief you with all the details. Within two weeks, you will receive the student pass from the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
Guidelines For International Students Travelling To Malaysia
According to the Ministry of Security Cluster, Malaysia students who have already received the offer letter from schools and universities and meet the eligibility criteria were allowed to entry from January 1, 2021. Though restrictions are in place for students from UK considering the new strain of the COVID-19 virus.
Apply for Study Visa in Malaysia Online:
- Only students who have offer letters from Public Universities and Private Higher Education Institutions, can apply for a visa directly
- Where to apply: Education Malaysia Website
- Processing time: 14 days
Apply for Study Visa in Malaysia through Institution
- After submission of required documents and payment (varies for each institution), they will start the process to get the Visa Approval Letter (VAL) for the applicant
- If applying for language and skill centers, it is mandatory to submit an application through the institution
Malaysia Student Visa Fees
The process for applying for a Malaysia visa for Indians varies depending on the subject and institution that the student wishes to attend. Any application for a student visa must also include proof of health insurance. In addition to a visa, students in Malaysia must have an I-Kad, or official Malaysian identity card.
Step 6: What’s Next? We at Leverage Edu provide students with perfect assistance regarding study-abroad queries. Call us on 0103606140 and get a chance to talk to our mentors and pace up with your study abroad journey!
|Type of Malaysian University/College||Student Visa Malaysia Fees|
|Private Higher Institute||RM 1,060 – RM 1,560 (INR 18,000 – 27,000)|
|Private Institute||RM 810 – RM 1,060 (INR 14,000 – 18,000)|
|International Accredited Centres||RM 810 – RM 1,060 (INR 14,000 – 18,000)|
|Public Institute||RM 810 – RM 1,560 (INR 14,000 – 27,000)|
Processing Time For Study in Malaysia Student Visa
The processing time for a Malaysian Student Visa is roughly 1 to 3 weeks. The Visa office takes 14 days to approve the Visa Approval Letter and verify the documents of the candidates. All students are advised to start the visa application process in advance to ensure they make it to their dream university on time!
Malaysia Student Pass Categories
Depending on the institution you choose, you will be placed in one of the Malaysian Immigration Department’s many categories.
|Category||How to Apply?|
|International Students in government/private schools||Apply for a student visa at the state immigration office near you.|
|International Students at Public Higher Education Institutions||Apply for a visa at a state immigration office through an institution. Applicants from Bangladesh, India, and Pakistan must submit their applications to the Department of Immigration in Putrajaya.|
|International Students at Private Higher Education Institutions/Training Centers||Apply for a Malaysia student visa via the institution’s website at Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS) for Study In Malaysia.|
|International Students in Language Centers||Apply through an institution to the Department of Immigration in Putrajaya.|
|Holder of Dependent Pass (Expatriate)||The application must be filed to the Expatriate Service Division of Immigration Headquarters in Putrajaya, or to any applicable State Immigration Office. Deal 0103-606140|
Study in Malaysia Documents Required for Student Visa
According to the rules issued by Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS), the documents listed below are absolutely important to wish to study in Malaysia:
- Completed Malaysia student visa application form signed by the applicant
- Offer letter from a Malaysian University approved by the pass & permit department of Immigration Headquarters of Malaysia
- Academic transcripts
- Health certificate
- 2 passport size photographs with white background (35mm x 45 mm)
- Two photocopies of the passport
- Proof of financial support and bank statements
- Proof of security and personal bond
- Evidence of full-time course of study approved by the Ministers of Home Affairs
- Letters of Approval
- If a student is coming from a country with a high risk of yellow fever, he or she must have the required vaccinations before entering Malaysia.
- Students must demonstrate their proficiency and efficiency in the English language when applying for a Visa Approval Letter (PTE, IELTS, TOEFL, CAE, CPE, MUET). Deal 0103-606140
Guidelines For Passport Photograph
Students applying for a Malaysian visa should follow the criteria to avoid any problems with law enforcement personnel.
- The photos must be in colour and not in black and white colour
- It should be professionally be taken against a white background
- It should have dimensions of 45 mm height and 35 mm width
- It should be free from reflection, free from shadow and visible
- It should be free from a red-eye and nothing covering the face
- It should contain the full name of the students at the back of the photograph
Medical Screening of International Students in Malaysia
International students applying for Student Visa Malaysia must undertake the following medical screenings:
- New foreign students must attend a medical screening at a panel within 7 days
- If students are applying for visa renewal they don’t have to undergo medical screening
- International students applying for the change of course or the university are required to attend the in-country medical screening at an EMGS panel.
Things to keep in mind before applying for Visa to study in Malaysia
- For a few countries, yellow fever certificate is needed
- Medical insurance is compulsory for students entering Malaysia
- The medical examination needs to be conducted
- Stick to application deadlines to study in Malaysia and apply for Visa to study in Malaysia at least 3 months before the commencement of study program. Deal 0103-606140
Students coming from UK, Japan, the US, Australia, South Korea, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and Turkey do not have to submit their Medical Exam report. They can submit their Declaration of Health Status. All Iranian students coming to Malaysia for study needs to submit a Letter of Eligibility (LOE) which they can obtain from their respective institution.
Malaysia Dependent Pass
Students seeking master’s and PhD degrees in Malaysia are permitted to bring their dependents with them. Only the spouse, children, mother, and father are considered dependents. The following are the documents needed for a dependent pass:
- Form Imm. 38
- Form Imm. 55
- Copy of Student Pass holder passport
- Copies of dependents passport/documents
- Confirmation letter from universities/college
- Health insurance
- Proof of relationship (marriage certificate, birth certificate or letter from the embassy) certified by the embassy office)
- Any other relevant documents
Note: During the course of their studies, Student Pass holders and their dependents will be issued a Multiple Entry Visa (MEV) that will allow them to travel to and from their home country.
Reasons for Rejection of Malaysia Student Visa
The acceptance rate of Malaysian Visa is 90% which is much higher as compared to the other countries. Malaysia attracts around 100,000 students annually but the Malaysian Immigration Department may reject a Malaysia student visa application based on:
- Any history of criminal offence
- Submission of false documents
- Invalid LOR
- Insufficient balance in the bank account
- Poor communication skills
- Non-satisfactory academic records
- Inconsistent choice of programs or courses Deal 0103-606140
Reasons for Malaysian Student Pass Rejection
The acceptance rate of Visa to study in Malaysia is 90% which is much higher than countries like the USA and UK. This is one of the reasons why many international students prefer Malaysia as their study abroad destination. Even though the country is extremely popular amongst international students and more than 100000 students flock in each year to study, the Malaysian Immigration Department may reject a student pass application on the grounds of:
- Insufficient funds in the bank
- Invalid Letter of Recommendation
- False documents
- Criminal history
- Documents in the regional language
- Unsatisfactory academic records
- Inconsistent program choices
- Bad language/communication skills
Note: Students can request the reason for rejection and they will be sent a letter along with the reasons for rejection.
Unlike another study abroad destinations like the USA or UK whose visa application processes feel like a burden, entering Malaysia is pretty uncomplicated. Mostly, student pass applications are accepted in Malaysia. There have been very few cases where a student pass application was rejected. If a student is planning to study in Malaysia, he should know that getting a Malaysian student visa is not as difficult as it seems to be. Deal 0103-606140
How much is a student visa in Malaysia?
Depending on your country of origin, the cost varies from RM 810 – RM 1,560 (INR 14,000 – 27,000).
Can I work in Malaysia with a student visa?
The Malaysian Immigration Department allows international students studying in Malaysia to work part-time for 20 hours per week during semester breaks or during holidays of 7 or more days.
How long does it take to get a Malaysian student visa?
The overall process from applying for a Malaysian Student Visa Approval Letter (VAL) to receiving your Student Pass takes 4-6 weeks. Find Deal Post Free Ads In Malaysia
Can I stay in Malaysia after graduation?
You can only stay in the country if you find an employer willing to sponsor your work permit which can help you legally work in Malaysia.
How much can an international student earn in Malaysia?
On average, you can earn RM25 – 50 per hour in Malaysia.
We hope that this blog provides you with a complete guide on the Malaysia student visa. Are you interested in pursuing your dream course abroad? Get in touch with our one yakin mentors and we will guide you throughout the process of selecting the right university as well as drafting an impressive application.
GET IN TOUCH